Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - End of the "Ranger" in North America.Good or bad news for Ford?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #55
IH84DZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101801
What I Drive: 03 CD silver SVT 5 door

FF Reputation: 5 IH84DZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
Actually, if you bothered reading my post which I know you didn't, you'd realize I said the opposite.

Ford knows more about the truck business then us, certainly a lot more than the people who even buy their trucks.

If they killed the Ranger our market then they probably have many valid reasons for doing so.

So kindly stop putting words into my mouth
I was being absurdly sarcastic. I agree with you. I read your posts, had you read mine the sarcasm would have been more obvious.

The internet experts on here have concluded that a truck company has screwed the pooch and walked away from a bundle of cash in truck sales and that the only reason the Ranger didn't sell enough to be economically viable is because it hadn't gotten a modern facelift. Meanwhile they ignore the Return on said Investment (SHOCKING), the risk of said investment (SHOCKING), the decline in sales of small trucks in NA (SHOCKING) and the fact that the F150 provides all the capablity and more of the Ranger at basically the same price.

In a nutshell you've got people who know jack about the car business other than what they think is cool and the nameplate fans suggesting that a truck maker doesn't know how to sell trucks. I find it full of sad, pathetic humor.