Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Focus on Steroids: 2013 Ford Escape 2.0L EcoBoost 4WD Tested
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 05:13 AM   #24
CourtneyNYC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86057
What I Drive: 2010 - Sterling Gray&2012 White Ti

FF Reputation: 1 CourtneyNYC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well . . .the 2012 Focus Titanium, with 29,400 miles in 13 months, is gone and the 2013 Escape Titanium has 1,435 miles on it in the first 36 hours.

Bottom line . . . I'm thrilled.

The Focus was starting to show the signs of the "confused DCT transmission" ailment and the incessant "clunking" under the drivers floorboard.

The Escape, with the 2.0L Eco-Boost rocket motor . . . is amazing. Goes like a scaled dog, has the factory HID lights, cornering lights, AWD, BLIS and tons of interior room.

I took many backroads as I drove it from Topeka, KS to NYC . . . and the headlights are as good as those on the Mercedes-Benz . . . . these babes light the entire world ahead.

No regrets with the 2012, it was a fabulous car. The ST I'd ordered was sitting at the dealer and looked great as well. I still have, and will keep the 2010 Focus as a spare . . it's a spectacular car and incredibly cheap to operate.

But . . . my initial impression is that I'm really pleased with the 2013 Escape, No, it won't quite perform with the ST but the Escape is precisely what I need.

Thanks to all for the info while I was waiting for delivery.