View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 04:29 PM   #57
GoldenHour
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103427
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black ST

FF Reputation: 3 GoldenHour Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
And you never see a Corolla or Civic from the Vega/Pinto era on the road but you do see Vega's and Pinto's.

not where i live. i saw a vega the other day and it startled me. hey i owned a pontiac astre and i doubt there was a worse car made tho the pontiac J and cars were pretty close. i also owned a pinto wagon....one of the years that would turn into a funeral pyre if rear-ended.

but we digress.

my point is the japanese cars hold their values much better for whatever reason. price a 10-year-old taurus against a camry or accord.

another thing. i will agree that the civic and corolla are nothing special these days but the prius and honda fit are.

when i decided to buy a small car i had i narrowed down to the honda fit or the focus. i had driven a rental focus for three days and i liked it alot. the fit on the other had looks too futuristic to me and it is gutless.

an hour after the test drive of the fit i was driving off the lot with my new focus.

so i bought the focus based on looks and performance but there's little doubt in my mind that the honda will require less maintenance over the long haul and will have a better resale value. i bought the car i wanted to drive.