Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus is NOT holding value
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #53
GoldenHour
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103427
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black ST

FF Reputation: 3 GoldenHour Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
This is true, even though the Hondas and toyotas holding higher value baffles me. They aren't that much better built than the Fords, the old ones, and the new ones are a step down.
In any case, buying a car based off its future resale value is a dumb way to buy a car.
really? how long have you been driving? you see way more old civics and corollas on the road than vegas or pintos.

american small cars were junk for a long time and while that may have changed the perception will take longer to turn around.

my last six vehicles have been toyotas. in fact i still have my tundra. if you would have told me three years ago that i would one day buy a new ford i would have said you were nuts.

i recently rented a focus and i really liked the car. so after testing a couple other cars (Japanese) i bought a new focus. my main concern is long term reliability. but i was willing to take the chance. i still wouldn't own anything made by GM unless i was paid to drive it.