Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Problems with 2006 GHIA TDCI
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
Muso1981
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103873
What I Drive: 2006 Focus GHIA TDCI

FF Reputation: 1 Muso1981 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Problems with 2006 GHIA TDCI

Hi guys

I'm hoping someone will be able to help. Basically I have a 2006 Focus GHIA TDCI diesel and bought it preowned. Its done a fairly high mileage 140,000 miles. Anyway it seems to be having a few problems, basically the engine feels underpowered it isn't as torquey as a diesel should feel and I'm often finding having to run it in a lower gear than normal, the engine sounds rough and it stalls quite easily if u don't rev it hard enough. One other main issue is that there is a burning oil smell which I get whilst driving, I have to press the circulate internal air button on the dash as a workround.

I've taken the cover off the engine and basically theres are certain parts covered in oil. If you see in this image I have circled areas covered in oil.

In this second image it is there I think the oil is coming out.

In this third image I can see theres what seems to be some kind of plastic, possibly a bodge job done by a mechanic, but I have no idea what it is covering or fixing?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, unfortunately the warranty on the car ran out shortly after having the problems. I don't think theres anything legally I can do is there, I should have checked the engine properly before buying.

Many thanks in advance