Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by natemac View Post
Don't be condescending, connecting is not the issue, connections are. Understand the purpose.
And why would I need an adapter, it comes with a usb 2.0 cable.

Bluetooth will probably be fine, but Bluetooth can not send high audio bitrate, so USB will be a higher quality source when listening to music. Also it's nice to have the music info on the screen over USB.
BT Audio from the iphone is about CD quality... sure, you won't get your 320 kb/s bitrates, but it's quite good quality. Most people have music that is in the 128 to 192 km/s range anyways. Definitely worth it to not have to take my phone out of my pocket, and have full control over what's playing (not locked to accessory mode).

It's also unhealthy for the phone's battery to plug it in often for short periods of time (such as short commutes).

Sirius, on the other hand, might as well be a CB radio... I just activated mine again and I can't even listen to it... even the talk stations sound so heavily coded.

Edit: Always use maximum volume, whether it's BT or line out... this brings the output level to the "line level" standard.