Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - iPhone 5 & Sync
Thread: iPhone 5 & Sync
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 10:55 PM   #4
natemac
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97978
What I Drive: 2012 Black sFe

FF Reputation: 1 natemac Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonfocus86 View Post
Seriously, man, chill. Apple has already said that there will be a USB adaptor so you can still use it with docking stations and such. Research first!
Don't be condescending, connecting is not the issue, connections are. Understand the purpose.
And why would I need an adapter, it comes with a usb 2.0 cable.
Quote:
"I am afraid the new connector might not work for all cars as many 30 pin car adapters use the analog signal from the 30 pin connector for audio and usb for the control signal. The new 8 pin connector is purely digital and if you look at the specs from Apple it does not seem to support analog audio out.

This is going to be a huge pain point for some who expect the new phone to work with their current car adapters like BMWs or Audis. It will probably take a while for people to catch on, but I expect there to be a lot of disgruntled iPhone 5 owners after they realize that the new phone does not seemlessly integrate with their car the way their old 4s, 4 or even first gen iPhone does."
Bluetooth will probably be fine, but Bluetooth can not send high audio bitrate, so USB will be a higher quality source when listening to music. Also it's nice to have the music info on the screen over USB.