Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus is NOT holding value
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 09:52 PM   #19
jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

Fan#: 103056
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Fusion Ti

Points 8,981, Level 63
Points: 8,981, Level: 63 Points: 8,981, Level: 63 Points: 8,981, Level: 63
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 37 jdubhack Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerbay View Post
#3.) Unless your a dealer, you are "purchasing" a car, not "investing" in one. An investment is a purchase of something such as stocks, bonds, real estate, business, etc. with the real possibility of it increasing in value! A new car certainly wont do that. Your car should start to hold better value as time goes on. These are good and popular cars, and should only radically depreciate the first two years. One of the main devaluation issues with your 1 yr old car is rebates and sales. Our local dealer has several new ones for 18 to 22 thousand.
Make it yours. Do some mods, have fun with it. That adds personal value to your car. This is a great forum for that. These guys and gals seem willing to help any one with anything. To me, that gives the Focus great value, more that just the money loss from the first couple years. Just remember, have fun with it!
Agreed. Let me clarify. I "invest" in a car that does this to me whenever I see it. I "invest" in a car that will safely move my family and I safely from point A to B and everything in between. And the investment for me is in something that I can call my own and like you sad, enjoy.

*note* Those "investments" are not in a particular order!