Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #1516
JesseE1981
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88551
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 JesseE1981 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdetzel View Post
Whatever it is supposed to learn at 2300 miles mine has still not learned. Apparently from the size of this thread many others have not as well.
Ford knows this or they would not keep releasing programing updates to try and FIX it.
I'd like to know if this "adaptive learning" is hardware + software, or if this is just software in the PCM. Whatever it is, one of these pieces is broken. If I can disconnect and reconnect my battery, and the bucking/slipping/slamming into gear goes away until this thing "re-learns" again, there HAS to be an issue with the adaptive learning itself.
That's not to say there aren't problems with the transmission still, because I think there area, but nobody seems to be pointing to this "Adaptive Learning" thing as the root cause....and I'm thinking it has to be, what with what I just described with the battery pull.

I took my car into the dealer this past week for the transmission acting up....after searching the system for updates, checking the transmission for leaking fluid, I was told that what I was experiencing (bucking/jumping/slipping) may just be "normal behavior of the dual clutch transmission"....that was straight from the Ford technicians mouth. Yeah...ummm, ok.