Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus is NOT holding value
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 09:48 PM   #8
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,276, Level 35
Points: 3,276, Level: 35 Points: 3,276, Level: 35 Points: 3,276, Level: 35
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
If that is the reason you bought it.. to be able to sell it for a lot.. You were crazy to start with.
Ford has NEVER had a good resale value except the high performance models.

Secondly, You ALREADY lost the value. So you're going to shoot yourself in the foot and sell it just because theoretically it will be worth even less?
Dude, You ALREADY lost that money, selling it just puts salt into your wound.
And yes
Well sure it's an investment... but at the end of the line when you decide to trade up or sell to get a newer vehicle, it's nice to know the car holds it's value well...

As I stated... my Mazdaspeed 3, a car easily outdone by my Focus in fit & finish and especially interior quality, that had been modded to hell and back, still got $16,000 after 3 years and 35,000 miles, AND an accident on record.

My Focus after a year is already down to $15,000 for perfect condition on KBB and it had an almost identical sticker price???

I love my car and I'm not going to sell it because of the resale value... but as you said it's an investment, and I like to get the maximum return on my investments at the end. So, sure, the fact that I love my car is great, but the fact that it's also losing value so rapidly... not great.
Sonic Crew #28