Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Warning about K&N Intake
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #233
hoover460
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92046
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Titanium

Points 78, Level 1
Points: 78, Level: 1 Points: 78, Level: 1 Points: 78, Level: 1
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 hoover460 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Just wanted to confirm, TboneZX3's mod works well! My MAF housing was already worn at the bottom where it was contacting the metal. Doing this mod has eliminated the contact, and the resonance I was experiencing. I will also try switching to premium on my next few tanks.
I hope Troy is still following this thread, as they need to implement these changes into the design. I am very happy with it now, but was considering removing it before due to the noise. The up and down slot for the MAF mount needs to be moved up 1/4", and the rubber mounts need to be 1/8" thicker. This would prevent housing contact. Thanks again everyone for the info, and especially TboneZX3 for the mod! I would encourage everyone to do this until they fix the kit.
BTW, someone mentioned "hook" velcro where the filter mounts, and I did that as well, it added friction and a lip for the filter and clamp, great idea! 4 thin pieces on the 4 protrusions so that the clamp sits just behind them.

Sent from my ADR6350 using FF Mobile