Old 09-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
dustin102
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 74880
What I Drive: 2007, silver, zx5

FF Reputation: 1 dustin102 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
A/C heater controls

I have about had it with the A/C cable controls in my car. anyone else having problems? its a 2007 ses with 108,000 miles on it. I have always had trouble with center knob on the A/C controls. It likes to stick in one spot. I broke the knob a few months back trying to turn it (mind you it takes alot to break that thing!) and just installed a new control thing in the dash, with the 3 knobs in it.) Well it works again, but still sticky.

Down below i have taken the control cables off, (both there are 2) and disassembled and greased everything i can and put it back together. It feels like there is something in the box that gets hung up.

when it gets stuck, i have to reach WAY UNDER there and grab ahold of the white piece and turn it by hand, and sometimes, its really stuck. Then it will free up, turn fine then after driving a little it will like settle in and be stuck again.

I will try to post some pics later of what i am talking about.

What are these cables called, i can only find a few on ebay, also if anyone would like to sell me a used set please hit me up.

Also has anyone tried to take this box out from under the dash? it looks buried and more than likely if that has to come out, ill live with the problem.

Thanks
any help is greatly appreciated.