xxMichaelAnthony
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58459
What I Drive: 2001 CD Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 20 xxMichaelAnthony Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyfanatic View Post
So it has a Valid U.S. VIN number! This means your insurance company, the DMV, and your local dealer won’t hassle you! My friend ( first owner ) bought it when he was stationed in Germany, and drove it there for about a year before returning to the U.S. Please note, the Germans use sand, not salt, on their roads.
Any documentation of this?
Quote:
in Germany, as well as the European ST-170 body kit, which is painted to match perfectly, and includes front and rear air dams, side skirts, and a Steeda style spoiler. You can’t find this kit in the U.S. because it will not fit over the U.S. spec. bumpers!
That is the RS collections body kit and it is pretty easily imported. There is a good amount of people with the same kit

Quote:
When the car came back into the U.S. the DMV required the Catalytic converter, windshield, and headlamp bulbs be replaced with U.S. spec. parts, and the odometer had to be set to read in miles, instead of Kilometers.
Again, documentation?

Quote:
including a Jackson Racing Supercharger. More torque than a turbo, and a much smoother power curve!
Quote:
Nearly two hundred horsepower! Over two hundred pound-feet of Torque!
Dyno sheet?

Quote:
A year or so later I bought the car from him and had it shipped here on an enclosed truck. It has never been out of the garage except in the summer. This car is truly perfect, inside and out. I have recently installed matching racing seats, new Pilot halogen fog lamps, as well as collected all of the parts needed to convert the stock rear drum brakes over to disk brakes, including a set of all four brake rotors, drilled and slotted, so all four wheels will have matching brakes.
Updated pictures?

Quote:
Correct European ST-170 emblem in place of the ZX3 emblem on hatchback gate.
Shouldn't be in place of anything. Europe didn't use the sub model names or badges.

I dont see anything about this car that says ST-170 or imported from Europe other than a $30 dollar badge. Post a picture of the key, the import sticker and HVAC controls. I dont see the clock in the radio surround either...