View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 07:32 AM   #447
TBone Georgia
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103242
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 TBone Georgia Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Good morning everyone hope everyone is having a blessed day, ok so my dealership has replaced the clutch in my 2012 Focus SEL and as I drove away from the dealership I noticed a very different driving experience, the shifting was smooth and controlled and to be honest i was very excited and hopeful that my issue was resolved but having an engineering background I am always careful not to jump to conclusions until proper due diligence has been completed. So at this point I spent about 3 hours driving in stop and go traffic well unfortunately the car still "shudders" in first gear (it actually feels like it is slipping) it is most notable when starting from a dead stop and going up a slight uphill grade, as I still love the over all quality of the car, I don't believe I can deal with this for the next 60 months as i dont believe it will get better it may stay the same or get worse with time.My dealership has offered to take the car back if I am not satisfied and although my sales associate and finance manager has really done a great job it trying to take care of me I have to make a decision on if to return the car or just live with it

I continue to be pressed from the dealership to fill out the survey and based on my first survey response, which was not positive, I truly believe they are motivated to make me happy

At this point I would recommend this dealership but would not recommend this car until the transmission issues are resolved or at least an up front marketing campaign by Ford to "call out" the differences with this transmission and offer an option to have this type or go with a more common type of transmission

Thanks again for all of the feedback and offers to help I am very grateful to everyone, have a great day!