Old 09-15-2012, 07:22 AM   #1
sflirbr
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91672
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum Tricoat

FF Reputation: 1 sflirbr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Just drove a ST

I went by my preferred Ford dealer to see their newly arrived ST. I was offered a test drive right away. Needless to say, I jumped at the chance. If you don't want to be disappointed in your current Focus, don't drive the ST. It is a night & day difference to my SEL. Lots of torque at lower RPM and it pulls right to red line. I was chugging around in traffic and left it in 3rd gear. It would pull easily from 1500 rpm and I didn't feel the need to go to lower gears to get the engine to respond. The suspension is great and feels a lot more solid and balanced - no understeer when pitched into off ramps at speed. Too bad the ST suspension upgrade is more involved than just springs and struts. I didn't like the sound tube gimmick they used on the ST. I took it off my 2011 GT right away.

Thanks to Ken Marks and Dave Linebaugh at Paul Miller Ford in Lexington, KY.

If could get my wife to drive a manual, I would have ordered the ST on the spot. What a great commuter / AutoX car. The tester was loaded with a $29K sticker. Don't buy the first one on the lot! Everyone at the dealership thrashed this one.

2012 Focus SEL White Platinum / Stone