Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Part Out: 2002 Sonic Blue SVT Zx3
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 12:46 AM   #32
VonKrause
Unicorn Owner

Fan#: 72283
What I Drive: 2009 Ice Blue 5 speed 4 door FoFo

Points 36,103, Level 100
Points: 36,103, Level: 100 Points: 36,103, Level: 100 Points: 36,103, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 7 VonKrause Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailyfocus View Post
Brakes are not for sale as posted but thanks for the free bump. The brakes are going to be swapped to my "racecar", along with the engine and tranny. :)
Aw crap, didn't see that on my first read through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobliz View Post
btw they do still make the kits :)
Nope, ford stopped making a part in the kit, the caliper mounting bracket, if a website has it listed then they need to take it down. I called every place I could find almost a year ago looking for anyone that still sold the kits and found out that most places that "sell" kits actually buy them from Ford and ship them from Ford and pocket the extra cash. But since Ford doesn't make them anymore the other people can't get them. I know because I work at Ford and we checked every Ford warehouse and no one had any left. They even took them out of the Ford Performance catalog. CFM also took the kit off the website due to this. You CAN get the big brake conversion kit but it's a crazy price and you have to upgrade the fronts as well. I think it's Baer that makes them.

It sucks but the only way to get SVT rear conversion kits is off a dead SVT.

Also another free bump
SR #233