Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 11:41 PM   #1450
BLarson
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58905
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST3 OX White

Points 2,969, Level 33
Points: 2,969, Level: 33 Points: 2,969, Level: 33 Points: 2,969, Level: 33
Level Up 46% Completed
Level up: 46% Level up: 46% Level up: 46%
Forum Activity 19%
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%
FF Reputation: 7 BLarson Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
While I don't discount the fact that there are some bad egg dealers/service departments, as my father had a horrible experience with one, does that mean we should "throw the baby out with the bath water"? NO. Take your business elsewhere. Never buy from that dealer and tell your friends not to as well. But don't blame bad service on the car. That's right along the same lines as the gun killed the dude, not the dirtbag holding it. Doesn't make any sense.

Do all cars have issues, YES. Anyone remember Toyota gas pedal/floor mats? Or dodge's reoccurring transmition issues? Or small interior pieces on chevy's just falling off? Or the right tail light on the Prius constantly going out? The list goes on and on.

While I am empathetic with the issues a fringe group of people are experiencing, and I dont doubt (most of) their legitimacy; does that mean ALL Fords are going to go to the crapper? NO.

You may notice, the people who are making the most noise(b-Lou and the like) have only posted a hand full of times, and have been members of this forum for a short time. While the people who are not having issues and love their Focus', people who you might consider "fanatics" have been on this forum for years and have hundreds even thousands of posts.

If you don't like your Ford, sell it, if you havnt already. And don't look back. Don't treat people like idiots who can't do their own research and figure out for themselves if they want to buy a focus.

Thank you for sharing your experience. Let's leave it at that.