Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Ford cargo tray and 18" wheels
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 11:13 PM   #42
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103384
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Linchpin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks for that suss6052. Even though I told the dealer my first car as a 1966 Shelby Mustang and I was interested in a 2012 Focus SVT (which I didn't know was not available and which later became the ST) neither the dealer or Ford made it easy for me to drill down to the options I wanted. A simple filter questionnaire with questions like "What kind of driver are you?" or "What is more important luxury or handling and performance important?" would have connected me with right options. It was only after several runs through the option list that Sport Suspension and 18" wheels came up. I find it puzzling that Ford didn't break the Titanium into sub groups like Sport (or better still, Titanium S), Limited, SEL etc. In Canada, the difference between a base and loaded Titanium is about $10K. There is little visual difference between the base and loaded especially from the rear unless you know what to look for. I wanted a Titanium S because I got the sport options. But since Ford doesn't offer an S designation I just added my own S after the Titanium badge. I have the technology to design and fabricate most other options that I want but that Ford doesn't offer.