Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Those not happy with the 12b37 update
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 04:37 PM   #82
Bakaboy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92644
What I Drive: focus 2012

FF Reputation: 1 Bakaboy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZfocus2012 View Post
Yea, what the FordCustomerService rep said, but you may want to give it chance to learn. Mine was horrendous when I first picked it up from the dealer after having DCT 4.0 applied. Mine is still a little quirky and I hate the creep feature because it now feels like it keeps wanting to go as I am approaching the traffic lights and only disengages at the last second or once I have stopped, real annoying.
I can give it a couple of weeks I guess. When I got it from the dealer after having the TSB applied; As I was pulling out of the parking spot, I thought I hit the curb or something as the car suddenly jerked and stopped. I didn't really care at the time as I was rushing to go pick up my kid from daycare. Then as I was backing into my garage I noticed it was a 1 or 0, either its moving or its not. And when it was moving it was moving fast. I don't have bad reflexes but I don't have a camera affixed to the back of my head and it's simply impossible to ease in to a spot. The only way to describe it is kinda like driving an electric, the torque is so high at start-up it just zips into gear. It's the same thing with my focus, just on reverse. Ok, its not funny as I might accidentally kill someone while backing up. -.-

To:FordCustomerService. I'll give it a few days, see if it "learns" anything.