Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Power Steering Failure on brand new 2012 Focus
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #93
ruthrj
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93807
What I Drive: 2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport Auto FWD

FF Reputation: 1 ruthrj Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm SO sorry to hear that you've been without your car that long. I was without mine for 8 days for the power steering rack to be replaced. I couldn't imagine being without it for over 22! The only bright side I see to this is that the dealership is actually fixing it. When I had this issue they sent me along saying "the code is too generic, wait for it to happen again, it's not a safety issue" at first, but a Vehicle Defect Notice got them working on the issue.

I sincerely hope it gets fixed permanently for you. If it's not, check with your state's Lemon Laws. In FL, you should send a Vehicle Defect Notice to both the manufacturer and the Florida New Motor Vehicle Arbitration board when your car has been subject to either3 repair attempts or 15 days out of service (or both like mine was!). You're clearly over 15 days, so you may want to send one in if your state requires it to ensure you don't forfeit your Lemon Law rights.