Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #1427
Atrytek
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103817
What I Drive: 2012 Black ford focus se 6sp auto

FF Reputation: 1 Atrytek Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Shifting issues 6 speed automatic

I purchased a 2012 ford focus se 6 speed automatic on June 1. Within a few weeks the car was not shifting properly. It went in for the recall and was still not better. It has been in two more times to the dealer and still not shifting properly. It is horrible at lights when you are stopped and hit the gas to go. It is constant jerking. In addition to that sometimes when you go to accelerate it sticks and I worry for my safety if I am pulling out to make a turn. I have talked directly to ford motor company as well as my dealer and both tell me that there is nothing wrong with the car and that this is the way it is suppose to drive. I have 10,000 miles on it and I do a lot of stop and go driving and I can tell those of you who are wondering if it will get better after it "learns your driving patterns or gets broken in that it doesn't. I took the car out of state recently to Georgia as I live in Florida and it was 100 times worse. At one point I was on a hill abd I thought the car was gonna stall out. I am very disappointed in Ford's response to this. How it's not a problem is beyond me when there has been a recall and their customer relations center is taking feedback since so many people have been complaining. I will not buy a ford ever again and I will be sure to let people know how poorly this situation has been dealt with by them!