Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Mazda3-5 MS3 MotorMounts Fit 2012 Focus
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #340
amoosenamedhank
Focus Addict

Fan#: 96374
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch

Points 854, Level 15
Points: 854, Level: 15 Points: 854, Level: 15 Points: 854, Level: 15
Level Up 54% Completed
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 amoosenamedhank Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Been running my MS3 RMM with CS inserst for about 5,000 miles now. There is definitely an improvement over stock, however, I still feel like there is a decent amount of drivetrain slop in this car.

I mentioned this in another thread... but on my last car (MS6) when I removed the RMM, it took another guy and all of his strength to move the engine into place to line up the bolt. However, when I removed the RMM from the focus, the damn engine swung back and forth like a pendulum.

This leads me to believe more success can be hand with the other two engine mounts. Mostly in the TMM.... my concern is obviously vibration.

So I thought of another approach. I believe it was focus boy who reported an un-desirable amount of vibrations just from a 70 duro RMM. I'm fairly certain the main culprit behind this is the ~650 idle rpms. Once tuning is available for this platform, we will be able to bump our idle rpms to 800. This will reduce a substantial amount of vibes during idle and I think will allow us to be able to run a higher duro mount with out the side effects of vibes.

This might actually be a better solution over replacing the TMM at this time. I have a few locals with MS3 with aftermarket mounts. I might see if I can get one of them let me try their mount.

If I can get my hands on one, I'll run a little test. Since the update, if you put the car in gear with out your foot on the brake, the rpms will raise to around 850. This will give me a pretty good idea of what the mount would feel like if we were able to raise the idle with a tuning solution.