Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My key
Thread: My key
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #11
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,284, Level 35
Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katemck View Post
Is there a way to change the setting that requires a seat belt buckled to unmute the radio? Somehow mine is set so that the driver and passenger must be wearing their seat belt before you can listen to the radio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katemck View Post
... I think i only have two mykeys but im not sure? Ive only had the car for a few weeks and my husband surprised me with it so i didnt get the opportunity to have the dealer show me what the car will do... I can't sit in it on a break at work with the air on and listen to the radio without my seatbelt on. Seems kinda pointless to sit with my car in park with my seatbelt on, doesn't it?
Hi Katemck!

First of all: how nice of your husband to surprise you with a Focus!

You can download your car's Owner's Manual here: https://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte...OwnerGuidePage. Check out page 153 for a break down of MyKey, including instructions on how to remove programmed features from your MyKey. If you've lost your admin key, however, I'd suggest you get in touch with your dealer to purchase a replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
If you don't have any admin keys you may be in trouble, as the car cannot be de-programmed from mykey status without the admin key...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
In the menu system, you can turn the seatbelt requirement for the radio on or off by turning the "my key" system off.
The my key can keep track of each key use separately.
Turning it off does nothing except then both keys are not tracked separately...
Thanks for the good info, suss6052 and Elizabeth! Have a great weekend everyone!

-Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply