Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - thermostat housing problems
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #22
Peregrine
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing MemberPeregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hempster View Post
I doubt you really know what you are talking about and you should consider this when replying.
The relief hole should never be an issue if you maintain your car properly.
Oil should be housed in the engine block and not running down the head.
Before you buy that useless intake, header or inferior coil pack, fix the issues that need addressing!
The biggest issue this car has is children purchasing this car and driving the $&^* out of them!
This is the reason the European versions suffer no issues with the thermostat housing, clutch or anything else that seems to be complained about over and over on these kind of "specialty" websites.
The cars are basically the same, just different owners!
Sometimes I get a good laugh at people on FF or FJ coming up with a new engineering, thinking that they are more capable than an establish car manufacturer or F1 engineering firm.
I drive my car the way it was intended and maintain it like it should be maintained.
That's why I don't have the issues you are so eager to give advice about!
The SVT Focus costs more to own and operate than its domestic sibling and it should, it was designed that way!
Sorry for being so harsh, but your reply seemed so ignorant and disrespectful!
You mad bro?

Dude, give me a break with your antiquated sounding parental advice. Please point out where I was ignorant or disrespectful so you can unwad your panties.

I bought this car brand new back in 2003 and have been the soul owner of this vehicle. So you're basically calling others and myself liars that have come to the same conclusion? Do a search on it before you assume the role of Dr. Phil.

I don't recall ever saying that I had an aftermarket parts on it, so where you crafted that from is completely fictional. If you have an issue with oil leaking down the head of your motor, then it's apparent that you're not as wise as you perceive yourself to be. Do you need instructions on how to properly replace a valve cover gasket?