Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 08:12 AM   #1190
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rememo View Post
Been waiting to hear about that. If everything works for you, I'll be doing the same thing myself.
Just an FYI, the ST rear shocks will not work on our cars. The rear spindle/LCA/sway setup is totally different; this requires different shock mounting points. The Ford dealer I picked my bearings up from yesterday had a yellow ST2 in stock, and I took the opportunity to look at the suspension just for verification purposes.

The ST shocks actually end up being ~7-8 inches shorter than needed, since the lower mounting point is at the top of the rear spindle, instead of the bottom.

However, the front ST struts look to bolt right in with no issues, so I'll keep everyone updated on that. Since the rears won't fit, I did order a pair of Koni shocks for the rear in 2010+ Mazdaspeed3 fitment (#8040-1353SPORT). I was looking at Bilsteins, but the fact that I can adjust the Konis to [hopefully] work with the ST dampers is a big plus.

We'll see how it goes.