Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - New Driver. New focus owner , timing belt advice ?
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 08:31 AM   #1
Artrocker
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103812
What I Drive: 2010, panther Black 1.6 zetec

FF Reputation: 1 Artrocker Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
New Driver. New focus owner , timing belt advice ?

Hello ,
Thankyou for taking the time to read this , I have brought my first car , a ford focus 1.6 zetec 2001 . It has 83,000 miles on the clock very good condition exterior , normal wear and tear inside . The engine sounds so quiet and drives lovely.

Being a first time driver I am eager to learn more about how I service the car . I think the only reason anything will go wrong with it is if I fail the car .

So I been reading lots and noticed that it says about this timing belt needing replacing because if that goes wrong the engine will be damaged .

So onto my main question ? Should I replace the belt ? If I do can it wAit as we just paid out for the car so in a couple of months be better , but don't want to damage the car , are there any symptoms I should keep an eye out for ? Just want to treat her right so she keeps driving so well . MOT had no adversaries on it and is due in feb . I look forward to meeting everyone on here .

Thank you for reading , have a great day.

I love the focus was my car of choice :)

Kind regards

Jon