Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - why no 6th gear?
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 07:37 AM   #74
Mazingo
Banned

Fan#: 103085
What I Drive: 2010 black Ranger

FF Reputation: -2 Mazingo Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayGlow View Post
Really? So let's look at it rationally. He says around 70% of 56 complaints seem to be DCT related. So roughly 39. There's been, what over 150,000 Focus sold in the USA up to July? Let's say around 70% are DCT, so around 112,500. So .034% cars have DCT issues to the point someone complains (and this is based on 2012 sales numbers I could find and the complaints figures could be from the start, so,this number could be high). I'd say that's a major issue? If someone could find the sales figure for the Velocitor the you could do a meaningful comparison. if the Focus is outselling it 10 to 1 then the chance of more people complaining is a lot higher.
You got to keep in mind these are "registered complaints".And most of us here are not even in those numbers,because didn't file a complaint to the NHTSA.Again if there was so little of us who had issues,the word wouldn't have spread so fast.Car critics were complaining too.
As for the Veloster,Hyundai doesn't limit the sales of manual transmissions.So the number of complaints should be lower.