Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - NO POWER and very loud
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 02:00 AM   #8
klrfoucs
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89955
What I Drive: 08 Black SES Coupe Mtx

FF Reputation: 1 klrfoucs Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
ok so i drove it maybe 1.5 miles to a friends house popped the hood and sure as hell it is glowing red.. something ive noticed also is it is fine after it sits for a few hours, but as soon as i go probably 25yards the noise starts and gets louder and louder. it also seems like if im just driving and not stopping it progressively gets even worse but if i stop at a stop light for a few minutes it isnt as bad until the cat starts to get hotter?? im so lost on this.. i found a used replacement out of a wrecked car on ebay for 200, which is WAYY better then ford. my local dealership quoted me 1566.15!!!!, tomorrow morning im thinking about pulling it and cutting the cat in half gutting it and burning it back together, then reinstalling my second cat and burn in a bung after it and get an 02 extension to move the secondary o2 to get me by, smog is no issue money is though.., and in all honesty i cant even here my exhaust i have my second cat removed withe a magna flow muffler and at idle u could hear it, very little exhaust is exiting tail pipe but im not to sure on how much was before, it is super hot tho, hotter then before for sure cant even put your hand in front of it for more then a second or 2 probably 6 inches away from the tip

last person to touch oil cap was ford i have the lifetime oil changes and im due for another right now every 4-5weeks:/, air filter is not disconnected this afternoon pulled everything cleaned maf, pulled throttle body cleaned that as well and checked the rubber gasket all is fine...

another thing i did while at my buddies house was pulled the primary o2 and easily drove it down the street and back sounded like hell, but didnt seem hesitant like before
2dr Mtx SES#037