Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Cruise control issue.
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 12:58 AM   #42
electech
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85620
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 electech Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well, seems the CC issue is cropping up a lot. I think I was one of the first to have a problem. Mine worked normally the first day and ever since has been all over the place, from not working at all to only the (+) button working to the (-) button acting like "cancel" and everything in between. Oddly enough, one of the "it's working now" moments came as I drove in torrential downpours. CC had not worked in days but suddenly, I hit a large pool of standing water at slow speed but enough to act like I had hit the brake. Next time I tried the CC, it worked perfectly and kept working for the next week!! I am now at 6000 miles and still intermittant as heck! The turn signal switch was replaced to no avail and the steering angle sensor is the next part to supposedly replace but who knows! Have not taken it back yet. I have a great dealership but how can you fix something that won't stay broke or changes symptoms. Very aggravating for all involved.