suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by manueljones View Post
Had original 12B37 flash done in late May due to letter from Ford FSA. Car started behaving badly around 200 miles after reflash. 6th gear shift point was around 36 mph which I considered too low and was lugging engine. Took car back to dealer in mid July and car was reflashed with later update to 12B37. This time 6th gear shift point is 41mph with light thottle. Closer to 45 with moderate acceleration. I actually believe all shift points were raised from 2-5 mph vs. original flash which suits me just fine as I told the service manager that the car was is too higher gear for ground speed and car was chugging. The last reflash makes the car a lot more pleasant to drive in congested traffic.
That sounds detrimental to the fuel economy in town when you were only doing 35-40 mph however.

The car was in the correct gear if no additional acceleration was called for at that time as you would get better mileage in town in 6th than in 5th, but ok.

Either way if you are happy with where it sits being a touch less efficient but more responsive then ok.