manueljones
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98333
What I Drive: 2012 red candy Focus SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 manueljones Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
I see what you guys post 12B37 are saying about not being able to shift into 6th before 41 mph, but that only occurred in a 6F35 equipped Fusion with the 3.0L V6 I currently have as a loaner/ rental car while they check on my heated seats. I miss my Focus already. The Fusion sounds mean when thrashed, but its just not the same to me. I don't like this one very much, and the wheel shake and shudder at higher speeds, omfg with 27300 miles on the clock give or take.

You cannot get it to shift into 6th before 41 mph or more and as soon as it drops down 1-2 mph its back into 5th. Just like some people were reporting from the 12B37 programming, although others reported the initial shift points at 35mph pre and post update.
Had original 12B37 flash done in late May due to letter from Ford FSA. Car started behaving badly around 200 miles after reflash. 6th gear shift point was around 36 mph which I considered too low and was lugging engine. Took car back to dealer in mid July and car was reflashed with later update to 12B37. This time 6th gear shift point is 41mph with light thottle. Closer to 45 with moderate acceleration. I actually believe all shift points were raised from 2-5 mph vs. original flash which suits me just fine as I told the service manager that the car was is too higher gear for ground speed and car was chugging. The last reflash makes the car a lot more pleasant to drive in congested traffic.