Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 06:24 PM   #1407
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

Points 23,345, Level 93
Points: 23,345, Level: 93 Points: 23,345, Level: 93 Points: 23,345, Level: 93
Level Up 99% Completed
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Forum Activity 26%
Activity: 26% Activity: 26% Activity: 26%
FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-lou View Post
Here goes the rest of the story since you think this is some sort of joke....wife and I are stopped at a red light 4 lane highway...light turns green and we go but car goes until it shifts to second then does its shuddering, shaking and no power routine then we get rearended pushing us into oncoming traffic causing a slow speed head on collision (4300.00 damage)....it was just lucky oncoming traffic was stopped at same red light because if the oncoming traffic was at speed we would probably be dead which is why wife refused to drive car anymore and we traded it.....person that rearended us was put to blame for accident but it was our cars fault that really caused it so you just continue to enjoy your focus right up to the point you are dead....nuff said....B-lou
So your light turns green...you get rear-ended into a head-on collision...all at speeds under 2nd gear...

How is this not driver error

Nothing you have described in the accident is a fault of the car. If you would have been in a manual and missed a shift, the exact same scenario would have played out. Your car did not cause the accident, and trying to blame the car is retarded. If you got hit from behind, it's his fault. If you get pushed into oncoming traffic, it's your fault for not controlling the wheel and crossing lanes.

And the fact that you would have been dead if the oncoming traffic was at speed? Wouldn't you also have been at speed, because your light wouldn't have been red? Your story has more holes than Swiss cheese. Or any other cheese that has holes.

I give you this
2014 FiST-