Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - why no 6th gear?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #67
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayGlow View Post
It would be interesting to see the failure rate of the DCT compared to past manual/slushbox transmissions. There some very vocal people on this forum and people with some very serious issues, but does that mean the transmission is a failure overall?

Ford has sold well over 200,000 Foci across NA and the DCT uptake is probably at least 80% of those. What percentage of those sold would be problem transmissions? Even looking at this forum the polls I've seen about the DCT have less than a 100 people praticipating and off the too of my head the last one about issues with the latest uorate had less than 30 people unhappy with it. Does that show major issues with the transmission? To be generous lets say there are 100 unique individuals posting on this forum complaining of major issues with the transmission does that show that there is a systemic problem across the board with all Focus with the DCT?

That's my only issue with some posters here. Since they are having issues they lump all DCT together when the reality is that their particular DCT is the issue.
See my post #35 on this thread:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...t=nhtsa&page=2

There are far more complaints to the NHTSA about the Ford DCT than any other current model year compact. The NHTSA is an equal opportunity complaint receptacle so if the Ford DCT was no worse than any other transmission you shouldn't see that disparity.