Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Well , I got neutered ... and am suprised (in a weird way)
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #10
Raceredrudy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93061
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SEL HATCH

FF Reputation: 1 Raceredrudy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconZombie View Post
Putting any Flowmaster back there will give you a different sound, but will completely cancel any flow improvement in your exhaust. Flowmasters sound good, but they flow horribly. If you want a "bigger" sound, get rid of both mufflers and resonator, and add 1 muffler of your choice back in for the sound.

And you're right, you removed the muffler. We have 2 mufflers and 1 small resonator right in front of the rear suspension.
Thanks Bacon.

Do you know which flowmaster muffler would give the best "throaty flowmaster" sound on this engine ? I'm not sure about the differences between 40/44/10/50... and don't know which would be the best for a 4cyl. I like loud .

I was also thinking of maybe a Cherry Bomb Extreme muffler ? I've heard good stuff about them.

Here's a setup of what I currently have . As you see I didn't get a tip yet , the shop wanted $75 for a tip and I didn't know if that was a good price or not so I held off.

Do you know if this tip would work well ? I'm not sure of the stock tubing size.

http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com...ut-Exhaust-Tip

Sent from my iPad using FF Mobile HD