Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - why no 6th gear?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #62
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazingo View Post
Again you,re making judgement on a few lines from a 5 month experience.Dealerships cannot do any warranty work unless authaurised by Ford.Before replacing the transmission ,they replaced a driveshaft and bearings ,but Ford had a bad batch of bearing and it took a few months to release the TSB about it and make the new ones available.

Many customers don't even know they are driving an automated manual transmission.Yes there are plenty of commercials ,but most don't know much about mechanic and the differences between a conventional and DCT tranny.When I bought the car ,at NO moment ,the salesman said a word about hill assist or other things to know about the car.You are basically told you got an automatic and that's it.And from what I read here,most were told the same.The problems I experiences were real and mostly after I felt the difference between a good and a bad transmission.If you would take the time to read the dozens of thread about DCT issues you'll see that we are more than a few with the same problems.If you think this is all in our minds ,you should apply for a job at Ford.I,m sure they will love you.
So you are blaming a salesman for your inability to search the Internet and get more informed?

Interesting.

Oh, and since you're so sure of yourself, this DCT has been used in Fords and Volvos a lot longer than our Mark 3 Focus; if it really were that broken wed have never gotten it here.

You just seem very mad and hell bent on hating Ford after a bad experience. Just cause it was shit once doesn't mean it will be shit again...but hey using logic on the Internet never works.

Ignorance is your bliss, obviously you hate the company so why do you keep posting?

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!