Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Engine vibration issue 02 150000 mi.
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84572
What I Drive: focus

FF Reputation: 1 84572 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I replaced the motor mounts on Tuesday(2 days ago). Before I replaced them, I put the car up on stands and then placed a floor jack under the tranny where the rear mount attaches. I started it and it was smooth as silk. So I replaced it. Started it and the vibration was still there. Have replaced all 3 mounts and still vibrating. Not as bad as before but close, more than I'm comfortable with. My wife drove it to work(70 mile round trip) and said it felt about the same to her. It seems worse at idle. She has to drive it, this weekend I'll get under it again to see if I've missed anything. Is there anything in the engine that can get out of balance? I've had it torn down to the a long block(block, pistons, crank, and pan) and don't remember anything that could get that out of balance. I'll follow up after I look again this weekend. It still has the original flywheel and clutch, but no slipping. Like I said, it's the wifes car and she baby's it. It's never seen 5000rpm but about 4 times.