gambit293
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 103090
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SEL hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 gambit293 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaru View Post

#1 Lack of power when accelerating: IE: You try to overtake a car on the highway, or you try to merge on the highway.
symptoms: High revving, clutch slipping, engine making a lot of noise and absence of real crisip acceleration

#2 Lack of power comming out of a left or right turn.IE: You get to a green light and you take the 90 degree turn in motion and comming out of the turn, you dont get any power back when you press on hte gaz pedal. Symptoms: You get the same symptoms as #1
Well, I guess this sort of gets to the heart of figuring out exactly what we're talking about, but the problem of upshifting too soon isn't really a DCT issue per se, right? You could just as well have an ordinary automatic that upshifts aggresively. It's purely a matter of tranny programming. I'd imagine you'll see very similar complaints on other car boards, given all the emphasis on fuel mileage over the past decade. But either way, I guess you can blame Ford for it.

Your other problems, however, really are concerning, because they are relevant to the exact features that a DCT is supposed to provide: clean and efficient shifts with the power delivery comparable to a manual. And the high revving is also bizarre, given your note about the failure to hold gears.

PS: Oh yea, btw, BetaDnB. I got that vibe too. I guess you could have made it more explicit by throwing in a *sigh* or two or maybe an *eye roll*. But anyway, discussion here has been good so far.