Fan#: 87466
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SE Sport

FF Reputation: 11 BetaDnB Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaru View Post
You want complaints ? Ok.

Let me then be more specific:

Here are my DCT complaints: (You asked for it)

#1 Lack of power when accelerating: IE: You try to overtake a car on the highway, or you try to merge on the highway.
symptoms: High revving, clutch slipping, engine making a lot of noise and absence of real crisip acceleration

#2 Lack of power comming out of a left or right turn.IE: You get to a green light and you take the 90 degree turn in motion and comming out of the turn, you dont get any power back when you press on hte gaz pedal. Symptoms: You get the same symptoms as #1

#3 Lack of power while in motion
IE: While in motion at 40 Kph when you press the gaz pedal to accelerate in a straight line, the car bogs and nearly backfires

#4 traction controls kick in too easily
IE: In winter conditions because of situation 1, 2 and 3, you endup pressing the gaz pedal too much, thus making the wheel spinning (when the tranny finnaly wakes up) and engaging the traction control. This situation causes you car to be very difficult to lauch from a dead stop in winter traffic conditions or on any slippery surface.

Voilą.
This is what I'm talking about! As far as #s 1 & 2 it sounds like you have the same problem as most with the transmission/you having the transmission getting to a lower, more optimal gear. #3...I don't know. #4...don't feel so bad. It's not much different with the manual transmission. The best cure would be narrower winter tires.

Thanks for posting that!
Sedan Revolution #249 - 2012 SE Sport - ╠╬╝ - Ingot Silver - 201A - K&N w/ snorkel delete - Blox Type R Knob