Kaaru
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96763
What I Drive: '12 Oxford Wh. SEL Sedan 28/07/2011

FF Reputation: 1 Kaaru Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
You want complaints ? Ok.

Let me then be more specific:

Here are my DCT complaints: (You asked for it)

#1 Lack of power when accelerating:
IE: You try to overtake a car on the highway, or you try to merge on the highway.
Symptoms: High revving, clutch slipping, engine making a lot of noise and absence of real crisp acceleration

#2 Lack of power comming out of a left or right turn.
IE: You get to a green light and you take the 90 degree turn in motion and comming out of the turn, you dont get any power back when you press on hte gaz pedal.
Symptoms: You get the same symptoms as #1

#3 Lack of power while in motion
IE: While in motion at 40 Kph when you press the gaz pedal to accelerate in a straight line, the car bogs and nearly backfires
Symptoms: It varies from all the symtoms described in trouble #1 and I can swear the this is about to backfire 'cause it bogs so much

#4 traction controls kicks in too easily
IE: In winter conditions because of situation 1, 2 and 3, you end up pressing the gaz pedal too much, thus making the wheel spinning (when the tranny finnaly wakes up) and engaging the traction control. This situation causes you car to be very difficult to lauch from a dead stop in winter traffic conditions or on any slippery surface.

Voilą.

Last edited by Kaaru; 09-13-2012 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Some typo's...hey no one is perfect...well, not me at least