Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - why no 6th gear?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 12:15 PM   #53
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
The only adavantage of the quicker gear shift of the DCT is in a straight line and the DCT is still not a joy to drive at slower speeds and on a road course I'll take the true manual over the DCT which is still an automatic in my eyes and still acts like one time to time. I've driven much more pricey cars with quick automatics or DCTs and the Focus' DCT doesn't compare.

The tiny toggle shifter is also a crappy design and they need proper a manu-stick or paddles to be fun to drive.
Well, duh.

More expensive cars have DCTs engineered and geared for more power and gearboxes like Audi's S Tronic and BMWs DCT shift much faster and more aggressively.

That's kind of obvious...

The only thing a DCT is missing in our Focus is paddles to give you that sensation of better controlling your shifts, that nub is pathetic.

But DCTs in general are 2 manual gearboxes put together without the clutch pedal for you to push, everything else about them is grounded in how a manual works.

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!