Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Turbo SPI Who's is it?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #14
djwrg04
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78546
What I Drive: 2000 Sangria/Torreador Red SE

Points 814, Level 15
Points: 814, Level: 15 Points: 814, Level: 15 Points: 814, Level: 15
Level Up 14% Completed
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 djwrg04 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Stumble'd upon this while searching for a turbo comparison chart and I couldn't resist....

That focus in the video is Gigy's car off FJ. He still has it and it still runs although he hasn't worked on it in quite some time while he's been renovating his house.

If I remember correctly (haven't looked at the thread for a while since it was moved to the archives) he was running it on 89 and had it running on a stock tune while he was waiting to tune it.

I talked to him about two months ago or so about how it's going and he said he was going to finish it at some point within the next few years when he finishes renovating his house. His car was practically "Genesis" for Turbo-ing an SPI and getting it done right/reliable.

That video was from 6 or 7 years ago when he had almost completed it IIRC.

Leading up to the point when that video was taken, he had done everything himself(minus the machine shop work); oil cooler & remote mount w/ all braided AN lines, custom fabbed air-water cooler, entire exhaust system(down-pipe, side exit exhaust, etc...), all the charge piping, the custom fabbed intake, custom Poly Motor mounts (driver-side mount AFAIK), MTX-75 swap w/zetec oil-pan, opened up the crank-case ventilation hole (so it's just like the zetec's ventalation hole (behind the exahust manifold) as SPI blocks were made with it filled in), upgraded water pump(not sure on that one), Custom oil-catch can.... the list goes on...

Gigy's Focus is my inspiration to go turbo'd and one of the main reasons I keep rocking an SPI!

I think I met him in person at FocusFest 2011 and he had an orange or red SVT with him (talked to a guy who said he had a Turbo SPI in his garage that he hadn't worked on in a long time but I couldn't remember his name/screen name ) but I may be combining two totally different people into the same person.
Sedan Revolution #231 || FocusXtreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbridledCarnage View Post
im not paying 124 a night. period. lol bring a gun and bunker down!