Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - DCT Complaints Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #69
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

Points 6,565, Level 53
Points: 6,565, Level: 53 Points: 6,565, Level: 53 Points: 6,565, Level: 53
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 12 kam327 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhigh View Post
Also, talking about how much more 'efficient' the DCT equipped Focus is, mileage wise, is also just tech talk. It's not proven in the real world as indicated by roughly 357 cars on fuelly, averaging 31.5 MPG with it's 'super efficient' transmission compared to the widely mocked 4 speed 'slush box' cars.

Even the lowly Corolla with it's 4 speed, cave-man like, antiquated 'slush box' that sucks ... gets exactly the same mileage as the Focus in the real world.
I used to totally agree and still kinda do, but you gotta take into account the Focus's better perfomance than the competition, and in particular, the Corolla. The Focus probably averages a solid second to a second and a half quicker to 60. That performance comes at a price so the fact that it still matches or slightly beats the Corolla's fuel economy.... you gotta give the DCT some props for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhigh View Post
If the Focus DCT is as efficient as it is because of it's DCT ... I'd hate to see what it would get with a 6 speed 'suck' auto ....
Just look at the Dart's abysmal EPA ratings with the similar engine to see that...