BillyKeith
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 90032
What I Drive: 2010 white suede SE

FF Reputation: 1 BillyKeith Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFrench6646 View Post
Haven't posted in a while. But I've been reading all the latest on the DCT issues. It sure sounds like Ford had better be paying attention to all these threads! I see a lengthy list of issues, mostly all in the same category of shuddering, and erratic shifts. If there starts to be a failure pattern in these trannys, there will be a plethora of info to draw upon here to get a lemon law recall started!

As for my Focus, I just broke the 8000 mile mark. My Avg MPG has been 35. My shifts are still about 98% accurate. I have noticed a couple of shuddering instances, where before I had said that it had stopped doing that. They haven't been all that bad, just a mild shake briefly, on roll off from a stop light. And they only appear after the temperature is above 90 deg F outside, and the car is up to full operating temp.

Overall though I still love this car. I am now trying to work out a few bugs in the Sony MFT system. But that's for a different thread.
My wife owns 2012 Focus SE hatchback, about 7800 miles on it. Few months ago I took it in when we received the TSB 12B37 and had the recall service done on the DCT. It seemed to help a little at first but the car darn near stalls when taking off from a stop. And the shuddering and bucking seems to be a little worse in stop & go city driving. I'm wondering if we should have the dealer do the DCT "relearn" again? She loves the car but is getting rather paranoid about the hesitation from a stop. Anyone with tech knowledge have any advice?