Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #1384
RFrench6646
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101073
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Sonic Blue, Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 RFrench6646 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Haven't posted in a while. But I've been reading all the latest on the DCT issues. It sure sounds like Ford had better be paying attention to all these threads! I see a lengthy list of issues, mostly all in the same category of shuddering, and erratic shifts. If there starts to be a failure pattern in these trannys, there will be a plethora of info to draw upon here to get a lemon law recall started!

As for my Focus, I just broke the 8000 mile mark. My Avg MPG has been 35. My shifts are still about 98% accurate. I have noticed a couple of shuddering instances, where before I had said that it had stopped doing that. They haven't been all that bad, just a mild shake briefly, on roll off from a stop light. And they only appear after the temperature is above 90 deg F outside, and the car is up to full operating temp.

Overall though I still love this car. I am now trying to work out a few bugs in the Sony MFT system. But that's for a different thread.