Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - why no 6th gear?
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #38
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazingo View Post
By popular demand,here's my part two of my pseudo-rant against the non-patriotic members of this forum.

Some will say "Well the ST has 6 speed manual???" The ST is NOT a passenger car.It's a RACE CAR, a state of the art racing machine.You don't choose the ST,Ford will decide if you got the driving experience to handle this kind of vehicle.It's NOT because you owned a Corvette,WRX STI or an Audi TT that it means that you can handle the power and G Force this car will put you though!.
Some will even say that it's kinda like an RS! "Blasphemy!!!". The ST has ONE thing that the RS never had.It has ECOBOOST!!! This means the car is so clean it will actually bring the dead back to life!You know when you are driving and you see leaves on the road? Do you think they come from trees?No ,they come from the tailpipes from ECOBOOST engines.
So you think Ford will simply shove the perfectly calibrated 6 speed manual transmission of the ST in your average Focus?Are you out of your mind?Do you think you can simply put racecars parts on a passenger car,of course not!

Again ,if you want a 6 speed manual tranny ,go see those irresponsable fly by night car companies.But if you want to get what you really need and can handle ,trust Ford.

God bless America.
What are you smoking? The Focus ST is not a racing car. If you wanted a racing car you have to be prepared to part with 98,000+ dollars in order to get a hold of an ST-R, or to spend a load of money to strip out an ordinary ST and convert it for racing purposes. The standard Focus ST is very much a road going car.

If you have nothing intelligent to say its best that you keep your mouth sealed, rather than to open it and remove all doubt.