Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - why no 6th gear?
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #37
Mazingo
Banned

Fan#: 103085
What I Drive: 2010 black Ranger

FF Reputation: -2 Mazingo Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
By popular demand,here's my part two of my pseudo-rant against the non-patriotic members of this forum.

Some will say "Well the ST has 6 speed manual???" The ST is NOT a passenger car.It's a RACE CAR, a state of the art racing machine.You don't choose the ST,Ford will decide if you got the driving experience to handle this kind of vehicle.It's NOT because you owned a Corvette,WRX STI or an Audi TT that it means that you can handle the power and G Force this car will put you though!.
Some will even say that it's kinda like an RS! "Blasphemy!!!". The ST has ONE thing that the RS never had.It has ECOBOOST!!! This means the car is so clean it will actually bring the dead back to life!You know when you are driving and you see leaves on the road? Do you think they come from trees?No ,they come from the tailpipes from ECOBOOST engines.
So you think Ford will simply shove the perfectly calibrated 6 speed manual transmission of the ST in your average Focus?Are you out of your mind?Do you think you can simply put racecars parts on a passenger car,of course not!

Again ,if you want a 6 speed manual tranny ,go see those irresponsable fly by night car companies.But if you want to get what you really need and can handle ,trust Ford.

God bless America.