Kaaru
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96763
What I Drive: '12 Oxford Wh. SEL Sedan 28/07/2011

FF Reputation: 1 Kaaru Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
I'd rather have my testicles chopped off if the choice was that or driving a CVT.

If a torque converter says you don't care about driving, a CVT says you've given up.

CVTs are hands down the worst things I've ever experience. Useless revving, fake ratios, constant drone, what's the point?

I'd rather have a well sorted ZF 8 speed over a CVT.
That is your opinion and I respect that. This CVT I had was on a 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander V6 with 220HP, and quite frankly I never experienced ANY quirkyness or strange behavior from this CVT in 4 years of ownership. Did the Cabot trail twice, back and forth and racked 75000Km on it and it was smooth as silk and rocketed off a red light (on 4x4 lock) like a bomb.

You see, in my position, I could exaclty say the same thing about my DCT. This DCT type of transmission is by far, in my point of view, the worst piece of modern engineering I have ever used. But that's probably because mine is faulty and my dealer refuses to admit it.

All I'm saying is that ''my'' DCT is bad. I'm not saying that ALL DCT's are bad. Also, no kind of transmission will ever seperate me from my testies, ever. To each is own.