Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - common problems with the Duratec?
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #31
WSkobra
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93397
What I Drive: 2007 Focus SE 4dr Dark Shadow Gray

Points 675, Level 13
Points: 675, Level: 13 Points: 675, Level: 13 Points: 675, Level: 13
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 WSkobra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have had many issues with my 07 d-tec. First major issue was the auto trans went out 3 times due to overheating. But the trans has been swapped out to a manual and done properly. No rigging things to make it work. Second is at 56k my cylinder head decided to spit out the spark plug from #1 cylinder. Got that fixed. Third is now the butterfly flaps inside each runner are all up. If they break anytime soon they will get sucked through the head and down into the block then it will eventually blow the bottom end. Fourth is I have some weird ass sound coming from the head. I believe the valves are up and get stuck sometimes. I think this because when it happens my exhaust sounds like a damn sti. But for those butterfly flaps it is a known issue but Ford just won't recognize the problem. The Mazda 3 shares the same intake manifold and they had the same issue and they put a tsb and recall out for it. Ford just wants to make more money off us. They want me to replace the whole manifold assembly for $208 which is stupid because euro 1 supply has the replacement flaps for $111 shipped.