Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - why no 6th gear?
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #28
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,892, Level 66
Points: 9,892, Level: 66 Points: 9,892, Level: 66 Points: 9,892, Level: 66
Level Up 61% Completed
Level up: 61% Level up: 61% Level up: 61%
Forum Activity 35%
Activity: 35% Activity: 35% Activity: 35%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
Available in Frosted Glass, you mean?
That would have been on my list of configurations, and the first choice.

Due to the way that Ford configured it I would likely have ended up with a silver or grey hatch if I wanted a manual with alloy wheels and disk brakes in the SE trim level with the sport package.

They made a manual SEL in Frosted glass, but only for Canada and not the U.S.

Frosted Glass was only available with four wheel disk brakes and alloy wheels in the SEL trim, which was only available with the DCT in the USA. I had to weigh my options, and on Z-plan, thanks to my grandfather, the SEL was a better deal than a 203A DCT sport with winter package SE in sedan or hatch forms as more money came off even the base SEL than did the up optioned SE at the time.

My last car was a manual and was the one I learned how to drive one in, therefore I was more apt to choose another manual before doing the deep dive and finding that the car I wanted wasn't available that way.

If they had been smarter they would have made it available on every single car even if it was a zero cost option on the SEL or Ti rather than a $1095 credit. At least then they could build the exact configurations people will order and buy rather than just guessing and bundling things together.

I didn't really care for MFT even though the larger screen might look nice, so I didn't really want a Ti for this reason, plus it wasn't available in F.G.

The ST was really fun to drive, for me it was better than the 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 L they had on the same day, at least on that course, but that Mustang was an Auto with the tiny toggle switch that's even more annoying than on the normal Focus.