Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Is there a garage door opener in the Focus?
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #47
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103384
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Linchpin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubhack View Post
When we moved into the house we built 7 years ago the garage was full of boxes so we couldn't put our cars into it. My car was broken into and I reported everything that was gone. Well I didn't notice the garage door opener gone.

The thieves came back 3 weeks later and emptied my garage of everything of value. Lesson learned.
As I said earlier if a garage has a door into the home it provides the best opportunity for a thief especially if they can get into the garage easily which they can with YOUR remote. As they approach your home in their car they hit your remote, drive in and close the door. Even if your neighbor saw this they probably wouldn't be suspicious. Once safely inside and out of sight the thief can take as long as they need to cherry pick your best valuables. At least you can take solace in the fact when you come home to discover you have been picked clean that your stolen remote only cost you $10. Everything else is inconseqential. It is isn't it?